Jayson Shaw Beats Ralf Souquet to Lift 2016 Bergen Open Title
Britain's Jayson Shaw continued his run of solid form this weekend when he lifted the Bergen Open 9-Ball Trophy.
Shaw came through a very solid field of both Norway's and Europe's finest pool players to beat German legend Ralf Souqet 11-10 in the final.
Jayson is now based in the USA with his young family but has returned to Europe over the last few weeks as he tries to pick up as many European Mosconi Cup ranking points as possible.
The win here will certainly help his cause as the Bergen Open qualifies for Mosconi Cup points this season.
On his way to the final Shaw defeated Kenneth Rognstad 9-2 in the last 16. He then followed this up with an 11-10 victory over Mika Immonen in the quarter-finals before besting Niels Feijen 11-9 to set up the final with Ralf Souquet.
Two other Brits also made the quarter-finals with Mark Gray losing out 11-6 to Niels Feijen and Imran Majid losing 11-4 against Ralf Souquet.
Last 16 Results
- Niels Feijen 9-5 Fedor Gorst
- Mark Gray 9-4 Andreas Madsen
- Jayson Shaw 9-2 Kenneth Rognstad
- Mika Immonen 9-6 Tianfang Zhang
- Nikos Ekonomopoulos 9-6 Vidar Blidensol
- Ruslan Chinakhov 9-5 Christopher Koba
- Imaran Majid 9-7 Ivo Aarts
- Ralf Souquet 9-5 Mats Brujordet Schjetne
Quarter Final Results
- Niels Feijen 11-6 Mark Gray
- Jayson Shaw 11-10 Mike Immonen
- Nikos Ekonomopoulos 11-9 Ruslan Chinakhov
- Ralf Souquet 11-4 Imran Majid
Semi Final Results
- Jayson Shaw 11-9 Niels Feijen
- Ralf Souquet 11-7 Nikos Ekonomopoulos
- Jayson Shaw 11-10 Ralf Souquet